Herkimer ARC is seeking a Full-time Benefits Coordinator to join our team in Herkimer, NY!
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for the management of resident benefits (Medicare, Medicaid, food stamps, SSDI, etc), to ensure maximum utilization and regulatory compliance.
- Track benefits, reconciliation of bills, facilitate recertification and ensure continued certification of benefits.
What We Need:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Two years of related experience preferred, including, but not limited to banking, benefits or insurance, administrative and/or financial reconciliation.
- Prefer knowledge of Medicaid and Medicare plans and regulations; along with social security regulations.
Who We Are:
Herkimer ARC is a not-for-profit organization that enables people with disabilities, and others in our community, to achieve full potential and live enriched lives. We offer the chance to work in a FUN and POSITIVE environment, with the ability to make a difference in the life of a person with developmental disabilities!
What We Offer: Competitive Salary & FULL BENEFITS PACKAGE!
This is an opportunity you just can’t pass up!
Herkimer ARC is seeking a Full-time LCSW/LMHC/MSW/Therapist to join our team in Herkimer, NY!
What You’ll Do:
- Provide individual, group and family therapy to individuals served.
- Provide staff training in using Functional Behavior Assessments (FBA) for developing Behavior Support Plans and provide hands-on training.
- Collaborate with individuals served, psychologist, and treatment team in developing behavior support plans and monitoring plans.
- Monitor implementation of plans and act as a liaison between programs to ensure consistency in behavioral supports.
- Provide crisis intervention as needed and recommend program modifications as necessary.
What We Need:
- Master’s Degree in Social Work with a license; OR Master’s Degree in Counseling with a license; OR Licensed Behavioral Analyst.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience with individuals with developmental disabilities or special training in the field.
- Demonstrated experience in positive behavioral supports.
- Valid driver’s license.
Direct Support Professional - Overnights
We currently have several part-time overnight (12a - 8a) direct support professional positions (DSP) available in the Residential Program. The overnight DSPs assist with the nightly and morning routine of the house which may include meal preparation, lifting, transferring, assistance with Activities of Daily Living, counseling and behavioral interventions. Responsible for direct care duties as necessary, including assisting individuals with toileting, medication needs, illness issues, fire evacuations, or other emergent situations. DSPs need to develop and maintain positive, open communications with residents' family members; project a caring, professional image which fosters confidence in staff's ability to provide care. Must complete all Program requirements within designated time frames, such as in-service trainings.
There are currently part-time overnight weekend shifts available. Must be able to complete a 2.5 week paid training period during day hours. Positions are located in Herkimer, Mohawk and Ilion New York.
Overnight awake shifts start at $13.00 per hour; overnight rest shifts start at $11.50 per hour. Candidates with an associate's or bachelor's degree are paid at a higher rate!!
High school diploma or equivalent. Experience with persons with developmental disabilities preferred. Must have accessible telephone number.
Please visit our website at www.herkimerarc.org to fill out an online application. M/F/D/V.
Vice President - Human Resources
The Herkimer ARC (HARC) is a premier provider of supports and services for people with disabilities.
HARC is searching for a dynamic leader for the position of Vice President - Human Resources. This Executive Management Team member reports to the Executive Vice President - Business Operations/CFO and is responsible for supporting the nonprofit’s strategic plan for the implementation and oversight of employee programs and benefits. Additional responsibilities include: recruitment, retention, employee development, and labor relations and regulations. Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills are required.
The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, or related field. Minimum five years of Senior Management experience required. Human Resource Management Certification a plus. A background in human services is preferred, but not required. HARC offers a competitive salary and benefits package. M/F/V/D.
Production workers are needed to fulfill production contract assignments working in an integrated setting with people supported by HARC. The production workers assist production staff with material handling, machine operation, trimming, light assembly and de-installation of materials and other duties as required. Positions are located in Herkimer NY.
High School Graduate or GED preferred. Previous industrial experience preferred but not required. Full time, TEMPORARY, Monday through Friday, 7a - 3:30p. M/F/V/D.
Direct Support Professional - 35 hrs
The Direct Support Professional - 35 hour position is a full time position, with a full benefits package, that provides services to consumers in both the classroom setting and in the community. Activities could be as follows:
1. Provide quality direct care service to individuals with developmental disabilities who live in the surrounding community. Develop and maintain positive open communication with participants, their families, other service agencies and the community projecting a caring, professional image which fosters consumer confidence in the staff and program's ability to provide care. Seek family input into activities and outings. Acknowledge and respect participants' choices and preferences in providing experiences and activities. Working vehicle and valid driver's license are required. Examples of services provided are as follows:
2. After School Respite - Small group of children from the hours of 2pm to 7pm during the week while school is in session. The groups typically participate in community activities such as athletic events, planetarium presentations and library events. The group also may spend an afternoon at the park with a picnic playing games, visiting the zoo, or visiting the children’s museum.
3. Special Needs Respite - Working one on one with a child who needs individualized services. The activities of this child will consist of their favorite activities such as bowling, bike riding, arts and crafts or just seeing a movie.
4. Residential Habilitation - Working with various people in their homes in our community. The Habilitation Aide may work with an adult on house cleaning skills, creating and following a budget, shopping, parenting skills, and personal hygiene. With children, the activities may consist of hygiene, homework and study skills, as well as learning new skills such as cleaning or cooking.
5. Day Habilitation - Working on social skills in the community. The activities would include participating in the community activity of the participant’s choice in order to access teachable moments in the community where the person can learn new ways of interacting with others. Day Habilitation may be done in a group at a community organization when volunteering or when participating in community-wide events.
6. Respite - Providing families with care for their children in their home. The Habilitation Aide works with the kids on in-home activities and addressing their needs.
Requirements: High School Diploma/GED, a valid driver’s license and working vehicle are required. Must be able to complete a mandatory two week training period, which takes place Monday through Friday, 8:30a - 3:30p.
Full time, 35 hours a week with a full benefits package: Work Thursday/Friday/Saturday, Sunday through Wednesday off. $10.25 per hour. Associate's and Bachelor's degrees in a related field such as psychology, sociology, etc. are compensated at a higher rate. M/F/V/D
Direct Support Professional - Residential
Direct Support Professionals – Residential promote positive self-esteem of residents in a loving home atmosphere through consistent positive interactions, support, encouragement, and unconditional respect of individual resident rights. Assist with the daily routine of the house, which may include meal preparation, lifting, transferring, assistance with activities of daily living, transportation to medical appointments, counseling, and/or behavioral interventions. Responsible for direct care duties as necessary, including assisting individuals with toileting, medication needs, illness issues, fire evacuations, or other emergent situations. Develop and maintain positive, open communication with residents' family members, and project a caring, professional image which fosters customer confidence in staff's ability to provide care. DSP must complete all program requirements within designated time frames, such as in-service trainings. Many part-time and weekend hours available. Shifts are usually afternoon/evening, i.e., 4pm-12a, 2pm-10pm, 3pm- 9pm, etc. Positions are located in HARC’s Residential homes in Dolgeville, Little Falls, Herkimer, Mohawk, Ilion, and Frankfort.
Hourly rate ranges from $10.00 to $17.40 per hour, depending upon shift; Associate's and Bachelor's degrees in a related field such as psychology, sociology, etc. are compensated at a higher rate.
High school diploma or equivalent. Experience with persons with developmental disabilities preferred. Must have accessible telephone number and agency approvable driver's license. M/F/Disabled/Veteran/EOE.
HARC is looking for a maintenance technician to perform journeyman quality work in an efficient and timely manner in areas of, but not limited to, HVAC, industrial machine maintenance, carpentry, plumbing, electrical, masonry, roofing, painting and/or any other trade or craft associated with maintaining the types of structures and equipment operated by the Agency.
High School Diploma or GED and basic knowledge of tools and techniques necessary to maintain physical plant and industrial machines of the agency. Must have Agency approvable driver’s license.
Full-time, Monday through Friday, 7a - 3p with flexibility. M/F/D/V.
B to B Sales Representative
Responsible for the development and maintenance of external business to business sub-contract work to be performed by program participants at Herkimer Industries sites or at host company locations. Responsible for maintaining all other commercial product accounts and developing new product accounts. Works in concert with the Vice President - Industrial Operations to develop new leads and markets.
Associate’s degree required. Prefer two years of related experience. Must possess an agency approvable driver’s license. Must be able to work flexible hours and be able to travel within and out of NYS. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office. Salary plus commissions with a comprehensive benefits package. M/F/D/V.
Day Services Advocate
The Day Services Advocate assures the implementation of all applicable day treatment regulations and maintains all documentation of eligibility and service plans. They are responsible for determining eligibility and annual re-determinations for day treatment; and developing Individual Treatment Plans (ITPs) and approaches to care with the treatment team, monitor the implementation, attend and provide date for psychiatric consults, and track incident reports. The Day Services Advocate also provides crisis counseling during the day, person-centered group and/or individual counseling, advocacy, research and source community resources, and maintain compliance to program regulations.
Associate’s degree in approved field required, along with a signed commitment letter to obtain a Bachelor’s degree in approved and related field in required timeframe. A minimum of 4 years working experience with the Developmentally Disabled population required. The position would be provisional until the approved Bachelor’s degree is obtained. Must have a working vehicle and willingness to drive personal vehicle.
Full-time, Monday through Friday, with some flexibilit in hours. M/D/F/V.
Direct Support Professional - Community
Direct Support Professionals - Community provide quality direct care service to individuals with developmental disabilities who live in the surrounding community. They develop and maintain positive open communication with participants, their families, other service agencies, and in the community projecting a caring, professional image which fosters participant confidence in the staff and program's ability to provide care. Examples of services provided are as follows:
After School Respite: Small group of children from the hours of 2pm to 7pm during the week while school is in session.
Special Needs Respite: Working one-on-one with a child who needs individualized services.
Residential Habilitation: Working with various individuals in their homes within the community. The Habilitation Aide may work with an adult on house cleaning skills, creating and following a budget, shopping, parenting skills, and personal hygiene.
Day Habilitation: Working with individuals on their social skills within the community. Activities include participating in a community activity of the participant’s choice—in order to access teachable moments in where the person can learn new ways of interacting with others within the community.
Respite: Providing families with care for their children in their homes.
Shifts are usually afternoon/evening and day, afternoon and evening hours on the weekends.
$9.55 per hour. Associate's and Bachelor's degrees in a related field such as psychology, sociology, etc. are compensated at a higher rate.
There are currently full time positions available.
Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent. Experience with persons with developmental disabilities preferred. Must have accessible telephone number, agency approvable driver's license, and a vehicle. M/F/D/V.
The LPN position assists the RN in observing health care changes and collects data of individuals served in the Residential Program. They will communicate this information to the house RN, Triage RN, and/or doctor. LPNs also complete nursing services such as foley catheter changes and care, dressing changes, and other nursing services within the scope of practice of an LPN. Maintain filing and/or charting as required. Also, promote the positive self-esteem of consumers through consistently positive interactions, suport, encouragement, and unconditional respect of individual resident rights. Successfull completion of the Medication Administration course and subsequent competent administration of medication, including all related documentation. They perform advocate duties in such a way that reflect the individualization, integration, and fulfillment of individual potential for the person advocated for. Develop and maintain a positive and cooperative partnership with other program staff to ensure a team approach to best possible care is utilized.
This position will provide services to adults with developmental disabilities in the Residential Program. The position will rotate between houses daily as needed. Flexibility, independence and decision making skills are required. Must be willing to travel throughout the Herkimer/Ilion/Little Falls/Dolgeville areas. Full-time and part-time position available, $13.75 per hour.
Full-time position, with a rotating schedule, as follows:
Week 1: Mon/Tues/Wed 3:30p - 8:30p; Thursday and Friday OFF; Sat/Sun 12:30p - 8p
Week 2: Mon OFF; Tues/Wed/Thurs/Fri 1p - 8:30p; Sat/Sun OFF
Part-time position, with a rotating, schedule as follows:
Week 1: Thursday and Friday 3:30p - 8:30p
Week 2: Saturday and Sunday 12:30p - 8p
Valid licensure and certification as an LPN in New York State. One year of experience in med/surg, hospital or nursing home preferred. Agency approvable driver’s license. M/F/D/V.
Door to door transportation for individuals with disabilities throughout Herkimer County. Bus Drivers are also responsible for assisting passengers as necessary in boarding and departing vehicles.
Requirements: High School Diploma/GED preferred but not required, and a current NYS CDL Class B driver's license or permit. Year round, full-time, Monday - Friday, split shift. Positions come with a full benefits package which includes medical, dental and life insurance, paid time off, paid sick time, and paid training. $11.00 per hour.
Industrial Sewing Machine Operator
Operate multiple types of sewing machines depending on the type of contract. Must maintain satisfactory quality standards to meet customer standards. Previous industrial experience preferred but not required. Positions are located in Herkimer, New York.
One to two years of sewing machine experience on overlock, bar tacker, lock stitch and hemmer. Prefer experience on industrial style machines. Basic knowledge of machine maintenance helpful.
Monday through Friday, 7:30a - 3:30p. $8.75 per hour. M/F/D/V.