Herkimer ARC is currently looking for a Store Manager. The Store Manager is responsible for day-to-day operation of the Advanced Technologies Store which sells the most current and advanced technology products and services for fire, rescue, EMS, law enforcement, and safety professionals. The manager is responsible for customer service, website sales, ordering supplies, notifying customers of order status and completing all documents/POS entries for finance accountability.
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Two years retail experience required along with proficienty with Microsoft Office required. Must be customer service oriented. Prior experience in first responder market preferred. Prior experience working with an online store and Point of Sale systems preferred.
Full time, Monday through Friday, 9a - 4:30p. M/F/D/V.
Herkimer ARC is seeking a Full-time LCSW/LMHC/MSW/Therapist to join our team in Herkimer, NY!
What You’ll Do:
- Provide individual, group and family therapy to individuals served.
- Provide staff training in using Functional Behavior Assessments (FBA) for developing Behavior Support Plans and provide hands-on training.
- Collaborate with individuals served, psychologist, and treatment team in developing behavior support plans and monitoring plans.
- Monitor implementation of plans and act as a liaison between programs to ensure consistency in behavioral supports.
- Provide crisis intervention as needed and recommend program modifications as necessary.
What We Need:
- Master’s Degree in Social Work with a license; OR Master’s Degree in Counseling with a license; OR Licensed Behavioral Analyst.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience with individuals with developmental disabilities or special training in the field.
- Demonstrated experience in positive behavioral supports.
- Valid driver’s license.
Direct Support Professional - Overnights
We currently have several part-time overnight (12a - 8a) direct support professional positions (DSP) available in the Residential Program. The overnight DSPs assist with the nightly and morning routine of the house which may include meal preparation, lifting, transferring, assistance with Activities of Daily Living, counseling and behavioral interventions. Responsible for direct care duties as necessary, including assisting individuals with toileting, medication needs, illness issues, fire evacuations, or other emergent situations. DSPs need to develop and maintain positive, open communications with residents' family members; project a caring, professional image which fosters confidence in staff's ability to provide care. Must complete all Program requirements within designated time frames, such as in-service trainings.
There are currently part-time overnight weekend shifts available. Must be able to complete a 2.5 week paid training period during day hours. Positions are located in Herkimer, Mohawk and Ilion New York.
Overnight awake shifts start at $13.00 per hour; overnight rest shifts start at $11.50 per hour. Candidates with an associate's or bachelor's degree are paid at a higher rate!!
High school diploma or equivalent. Experience with persons with developmental disabilities preferred. Must have accessible telephone number.
Please visit our website at www.herkimerarc.org to fill out an online application. M/F/D/V.
Production workers are needed to fulfill production contract assignments working in an integrated setting with people supported by HARC. The production workers assist production staff with material handling, machine operation, trimming, light assembly and de-installation of materials and other duties as required. Positions are located in Herkimer NY.
High School Graduate or GED preferred. Previous industrial experience preferred but not required. Full time, TEMPORARY, Monday through Friday, 7a - 3:30p. M/F/V/D.
Direct Support Professional - 35 hrs
The Direct Support Professional - 35 hour position is a full time position, with a full benefits package, that provides services to consumers in both the classroom setting and in the community. Activities could be as follows:
1. Provide quality direct care service to individuals with developmental disabilities who live in the surrounding community. Develop and maintain positive open communication with participants, their families, other service agencies and the community projecting a caring, professional image which fosters consumer confidence in the staff and program's ability to provide care. Seek family input into activities and outings. Acknowledge and respect participants' choices and preferences in providing experiences and activities. Working vehicle and valid driver's license are required. Examples of services provided are as follows:
2. After School Respite - Small group of children from the hours of 2pm to 7pm during the week while school is in session. The groups typically participate in community activities such as athletic events, planetarium presentations and library events. The group also may spend an afternoon at the park with a picnic playing games, visiting the zoo, or visiting the children’s museum.
3. Special Needs Respite - Working one on one with a child who needs individualized services. The activities of this child will consist of their favorite activities such as bowling, bike riding, arts and crafts or just seeing a movie.
4. Residential Habilitation - Working with various people in their homes in our community. The Habilitation Aide may work with an adult on house cleaning skills, creating and following a budget, shopping, parenting skills, and personal hygiene. With children, the activities may consist of hygiene, homework and study skills, as well as learning new skills such as cleaning or cooking.
5. Day Habilitation - Working on social skills in the community. The activities would include participating in the community activity of the participant’s choice in order to access teachable moments in the community where the person can learn new ways of interacting with others. Day Habilitation may be done in a group at a community organization when volunteering or when participating in community-wide events.
6. Respite - Providing families with care for their children in their home. The Habilitation Aide works with the kids on in-home activities and addressing their needs.
Requirements: High School Diploma/GED, a valid driver’s license and working vehicle are required. Must be able to complete a mandatory two week training period, which takes place Monday through Friday, 8:30a - 3:30p.
Full time, 35 hours a week with a full benefits package: Work Thursday/Friday/Saturday, Sunday through Wednesday off. $10.25 per hour. Associate's and Bachelor's degrees in a related field such as psychology, sociology, etc. are compensated at a higher rate. M/F/V/D
Direct Support Professional - Residential
Direct Support Professionals – Residential promote positive self-esteem of residents in a loving home atmosphere through consistent positive interactions, support, encouragement, and unconditional respect of individual resident rights. Assist with the daily routine of the house, which may include meal preparation, lifting, transferring, assistance with activities of daily living, transportation to medical appointments, counseling, and/or behavioral interventions. Responsible for direct care duties as necessary, including assisting individuals with toileting, medication needs, illness issues, fire evacuations, or other emergent situations. Develop and maintain positive, open communication with residents' family members, and project a caring, professional image which fosters customer confidence in staff's ability to provide care. DSP must complete all program requirements within designated time frames, such as in-service trainings. Many part-time and weekend hours available. Shifts are usually afternoon/evening, i.e., 4pm-12a, 2pm-10pm, 3pm- 9pm, etc. Positions are located in HARC’s Residential homes in Dolgeville, Little Falls, Herkimer, Mohawk, Ilion, and Frankfort.
Hourly rate ranges from $10.00 to $17.40 per hour, depending upon shift; Associate's and Bachelor's degrees in a related field such as psychology, sociology, etc. are compensated at a higher rate.
High school diploma or equivalent. Experience with persons with developmental disabilities preferred. Must have accessible telephone number and agency approvable driver's license. M/F/Disabled/Veteran/EOE.
B to B Sales Representative
Responsible for the development and maintenance of external business to business sub-contract work to be performed by program participants at Herkimer Industries sites or at host company locations. Responsible for maintaining all other commercial product accounts and developing new product accounts. Works in concert with the Vice President - Industrial Operations to develop new leads and markets.
Associate’s degree required. Prefer two years of related experience. Must possess an agency approvable driver’s license. Must be able to work flexible hours and be able to travel within and out of NYS. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office. Salary plus commissions with a comprehensive benefits package. M/F/D/V.
Direct Support Professional - Community
Direct Support Professional – Habilitation Aide
Herkimer ARC is seeking full and part time Direct Support Professional – Habilitation Aides to join our team in Herkimer, NY!
What You’ll Do:
- Community Habilitation – supporting various individuals with disabilities to increase community independence and integration. The habilitation aide may work with the individual on various skills to achieve valued outcomes. Skills may include shopping, budgeting, maintaining a healthy lifestyle, community safety skills and socialization skills.
- Day Habilitation – working on various skills in the community to increase independence. Activities include participating in the community activity of the participant’s choice in order to access teachable moments when the individual may learn new skills such as: socialization, safety awareness and community independence.
- Respite – provide relief to family members/primary caregivers of their loved one with a disability. Community and group based settings. Participate in fun, engaging activities such as: golf, bowling, movies, museums or hiking.
What We Need:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Valid New York State Driver’s License and working vehicle are required.
- Desire to work independently in the community to help persons served achieve their goals.
Who We Are:
Herkimer ARC is a not-for-profit organization that enables people with disabilities, and others in our community, to achieve full potential and live enriched lives. We offer the chance to work in a FUN and POSITIVE environment, with the ability to make a difference in the life of a person with developmental disabilities!
What We Offer: Competitive Salary & FULL BENEFITS PACKAGE!
This is an opportunity you just can’t pass up!
The LPN position assists the RN in observing health care changes and collects data of individuals served in the Residential Program. They will communicate this information to the house RN, Triage RN, and/or doctor. LPNs also complete nursing services such as foley catheter changes and care, dressing changes, and other nursing services within the scope of practice of an LPN. Maintain filing and/or charting as required. Also, promote the positive self-esteem of consumers through consistently positive interactions, suport, encouragement, and unconditional respect of individual resident rights. Successfull completion of the Medication Administration course and subsequent competent administration of medication, including all related documentation. They perform advocate duties in such a way that reflect the individualization, integration, and fulfillment of individual potential for the person advocated for. Develop and maintain a positive and cooperative partnership with other program staff to ensure a team approach to best possible care is utilized.
This position will provide services to adults with developmental disabilities in the Residential Program. The position will rotate between houses daily as needed. Flexibility, independence and decision making skills are required. Must be willing to travel throughout the Herkimer/Ilion/Little Falls/Dolgeville areas. Part-time position available, $13.75 per hour.
Part-time position, with a rotating, schedule as follows:
Week 1: Thursday and Friday 3:30p - 8:30p
Week 2: Saturday and Sunday 12:30p - 8p
Valid licensure and certification as an LPN in New York State. One year of experience in med/surg, hospital or nursing home preferred. Agency approvable driver’s license. M/F/D/V.
Door to door transportation for individuals with disabilities throughout Herkimer County. Bus Drivers are also responsible for assisting passengers as necessary in boarding and departing vehicles.
Requirements: High School Diploma/GED preferred but not required, and a current NYS CDL Class B driver's license or permit. Year round, full-time, Monday - Friday, split shift. Positions come with a full benefits package which includes medical, dental and life insurance, paid time off, paid sick time, and paid training. $11.00 per hour.
Industrial Sewing Machine Operator
Operate multiple types of sewing machines depending on the type of contract. Must maintain satisfactory quality standards to meet customer standards. Previous industrial experience preferred but not required. Positions are located in Herkimer, New York.
One to two years of sewing machine experience on overlock, bar tacker, lock stitch and hemmer. Prefer experience on industrial style machines. Basic knowledge of machine maintenance helpful.
Monday through Friday, 7:30a - 3:30p. $8.75 per hour. M/F/D/V.