Herkimer ARC employees enjoy a generous benefits package and work in a “family-friendly” environment. For more questions regarding benefits, contact Herkimer ARC’s Benefits Coordinator at (315) 574-7000.
The following are offered to full-time employees. Part-time employee benefits are offered, please contact the Benefits Coordinator for more information.
- Health Insurance: Plans available include Employee, Family, Employee/Spouse, and Employee/Child. Enrollees are eligible the first day of the month following 30 days of employment. The Herkimer ARC currently offers health insurance through MVP Health Care.
- Dental Insurance:
The Herkimer ARC currently offers dental insurance through Guardian Life Insurance Company of America.
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA):
Employer funded, non-taxed account for medical, dental, vision and specific over-the-counter expenses.
- Flexible Benefit Plan:
Pre-tax account for medical and childcare expenses.
- Life Insurance: $30,000 - employer paid plan.
- Long Term Disability:
Employer paid plan.
- Other Insurances Available:
Includes Cancer, Personal Accident Indemnity, and Supplemental Life Insurance.
- 401k Pension Plan:
Employer contribution and matching program.
- Paid Time Off:
Accrual starts on date of employment for eligible employees:
0-3 years: 18 days
3-6 years: 23 days
6-10 years: 28 days
10+ years: 33 days.
Eight (8) paid holidays per year.
- Sick Time:
Accrual starts on date of employment for eligible employees: 12 days per year.
- YMCA Membership:
Free membership for employees and their family members at the Mohawk YMCA and the Little Falls YMCA.
- Tuition Assistance:
90% of course cost, up to $500, per semester.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP):
Employer paid resource for employees and families.